Don’t forget – these are the upcoming tax deadlines for 2022 Individual (1040) tax returns:
Saturday, April 15
- Deadline to file FinCEN Form 114 for Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR)
Tuesday, April 18
- Deadline to file personal (1040) tax returns for taxpayers
- Deadline to pay Estimated Tax Payments for 1st Quarter 2023
- Deadline to make any IRA contributions for 2022
Why is the deadline Tuesday, April 18?
That’s because April 15 is on a Saturday and the next weekday, April 17, is recognized as Emancipation Day in Washington, DC. According to the IRS, “by law, Washington, DC, holidays impact tax deadlines for everyone in the same way federal holidays do.”
- TIP – Avoid the Crush! IRS and State Dept. of Revenues’ servers experience extremely high volumes close to efiling deadlines. This can cause processing delays (or worse, temporary outages). Don’t wait until April 18 to send in your efile forms.