Last week the HHS (Health and Human Services) announced there will be a Provider Relief Fund Distribution (established by the CARES Act) for Medicaid/CHIP providers.? The funds granted do not have to be repaid.
Payments to each provider will be at least 2% of reported gross revenue from patient care, with the actual amount each provider receives to be determined after data is submitted.? While $15 billion has been allocated to this program, there are close to a million eligible providers so funds will likely run out quickly. The deadline to apply is July 20th.
It?s our understanding that practices that have received PPP loans or EIDL grants and loans can apply for these funds too.
To Be Eligible:
- Provider must not have received payments from the earlier $50 billion Provider Relief Fund General Distribution.
- Provider must have either directly billed their state Medicaid/CHIP programs or Medicaid managed care plans for health care related services between January 1, 2018 and May 31, 2020.
Information to report on the HHS? recently Enhanced Provider Relief Fund Payment Portal:
- Annual Medicaid patient gross revenue
- The number of Medicaid patients served
- Most recent IRS tax filings for your practice
You can obtain the Medicaid patient gross revenue and the number of Medicaid patients treated from your practice management system or directly from your state?s Medicaid office that processes the claims you submit. Your practice tax returns are available in your Client Portal.
Once you have this info, please upload the required documents at the CARES Provider Relief Fund Payment Portal available at: https://covid19.linkhealth.com/docusign/#/step/1.
More info on this opportunity for practices that treat Medicaid patients is available at: