A natural disaster can strike at any time. Take time now to:
- Document valuables ? including by photographing or videotaping the contents of your home.
- Review and update your emergency plans annually. Visit Ready.gov for help with planning.
- Create electronic copies of key documents such as bank statements, tax returns, identification documents and insurance policies.
- Watch the free webinar from the IRS ?Staying Afloat: Planning for Emergencies Before They Happen? on their website at irs.gov.
- Visit the National Weather Service website for hurricane preparedness and storm tips at weather.gov.